I’m beginning to come to terms with the fact that 90% of what I bake is muffins. I can’t get over how easy and quick they are, and they are incredibly diverse! I have not yet found a bad combination for muffins and the proportions just work. It makes me super happy, and I will not be stopping anytime soon. This time, my sister-in-law said “muffins” as we discussed easy foods to eat after I have my baby and I realized I had two brown bananas sitting on the counter just begging to be turned into banana walnut muffins.
So, here we have it… Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Banana Walnut muffins! Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Banana Walnut Muffins
Makes 12 full-sized muffins and 12 mini-muffins
- 1 3/4 cups of King Arthur Flour Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 whole large eggs OR 2 flax eggs for vegan muffins (2 tbsp flax seed meal, 6 tbsp warm water – mix and sit for 5 mins)
- 3/4 cup oat milk (or dairy-free milk of choice, almond milk also works nicely)
- 1/2 cup melted dairy-free butter (like EarthBalance vegan butter sticks)
- 2 mashed brown bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins (large and mini) with cooking spray or fill with cupcake liners.
- Combine melted dairy-free butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs (or flax eggs) in a stand mixer and beat until creamy.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) in a bowl. Then add slowly into the wet ingredients in your stand mixer until mixed thoroughly.
- Add in walnuts slowly. Mix thoroughly.
- Use a spoon to divide the muffin mix into your muffin tray and mini-muffin tray, filling almost to the top.
- Bake the mini-muffins for 12 minutes and the full-sized muffins for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!