This past weekend was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining brightly, it was a HOT Eighty degrees, and it was ALMOST enough to forget that coronavirus is a thing. I don’t know about you, but this past few months has been a whirlwind. It’s like I blinked and tomorrow is June. In reality, I’ve had a LOT of time at home and have become well-verses in online teaching. Spoiler: it’s not my favorite. I miss my students SO much! It’s been an adjustment for sure.
This weekend though- wow! It felt so amazing to be out in the sunshine, soaking up all of that warm weather. It definitely made me feel like summer is HERE! Mask wearing and all, I am READY for it. While my husband and I enjoyed the warm weather we instantly thought about how we needed this peach blueberry cobbler. I honestly thought the recipe was on the blog already but I was very surprised to realize it wasn’t. I’m sorry!
So here it is- it’s super easy to make and is perfect for summertime. Top it with your favorite non-dairy whipped cream or ice cream and it’s a perfect combination. You honestly can’t go wrong with it and it’s almost one of those no-need to measure anything recipes. Enjoy!
Peach Blueberry Cobbler
Ingredients for Filling
- 8-10 large peaches
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for topping
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut up peaches.
3. In a large baking dish (I used a Pyrex baking dish), mix the filling ingredients (peaches, blueberries, lemon juice, vanilla extract, sugar).
4. Mix ingredients for the topping (oats, melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla extract).
5. Spread the topping over the mixed filling in the baking dish.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes, serve warm with dairy-free ice cream or whipped cream!