‘Tis the season for all things food & dessert and I am one happy lady, who is just looking for some more dessert options. With Halloween past us, and Thanksgiving and Christmas before us, we have plenty of reasons to celebrate and need more dessert in our lives. Being gluten and dairy free doesn’t have to make your life difficult with desserts. This is something I’ve been trying to remind myself- and easy dessert is what I achieved with these Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Bites.
Lately I’ve been craving chocolate and am growing tired of my small piece of chocolate at night. I knew I needed a change but did not prepare at all for making dessert options.
I searched my pantry and had a total eureka moment, lightbulb and all, when I found my almond butter and chocolate chips. Here we have the birth child of this beautiful combination- Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Bites. This is ridiculously easy to make and can be done in between commercials, work, or literally anything.
Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Bites
Prep time: 3-5 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Justin’s Cinnamon Almond Butter
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
1. On a baking tray with parchment paper, use a spoon to scoop out small balls of almond butter. Finish shaping with your hand. Place on parchment paper. When you have the amount you want (I did about 12), place the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes. If you are really in a rush, you can put them in for 2 minutes and it will work, they just won’t be as firm when you dip.
2. In a glass bowl, melt chocolate chips & coconut oil in the microwave. Use small intervals of time 15-30 seconds at a time and then stir. Continue until smooth.
3. Dip the almond butter balls in the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment paper lined tray.
4. Sprinkle salt on top & place back in the freezer for 30 minutes. Enjoy!