Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and it’s not too late to make a sweet treat to enjoy! Whether you are making them for yourself, a friend, or your loved ones, you will be so happy that you made these! I made these for my fiancé who looooooves strawberries and I was so excited to finally get the chocolate to make that smooth chocolate shell. Just choc it up as another miracle of coconut oil!
My favorite thing about chocolate covered fruits is all of the topping choices you have. I am personally a fan of plain or simple toppings like coconut or sea salt. You can get really fancy and do a drizzle of other chocolates or peanut butter. Some people like crushed candy or nuts on top.
I topped my strawberries with coconut and sprinkles. I topped my mandarin slices with coconut and pink Himalayan salt. However you choose to top your strawberries or fruit, they will be sure to be a hit!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries (or fruit of choice)
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag of Enjoy Life dairy free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 dozen strawberries with leaves or stems
- Toppings of choice (coconut, sea salt, crushed nuts, crushed candy, sprinkles)
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
1. Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish.
2. Microwave for 30 second intervals, 3 times. Stir the chips after each 30 seconds.
3. Add coconut oil and stir.
4. Dip strawberries or fruit of choice into the chocolate, then topping (unless using salt), and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If using salt, dip a few strawberries and then sprinkle salt on top before the shell begins to harden.
5. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Serve & enjoy!