So last week, I went to Ibiza in Danbury with girls from work and we ordered a whole bunch of tapas. My favorite was one where they had potatoes, chickpeas, and chorizo with smoked paprika. Holy Moly it was delicious! I thought about it for the whole next week. Finally, I decided I had to try to make it. BUT- I didn’t have chorizo. So I decided to use shrimp and since shrimp is delicious, knew it would turn out well. I also have been trying to eat more vegetables and greens, so I threw some kale in for good measure.
The best thing about this meal was that it took less than an hour to make from start to finish. As a teacher, I am constantly looking for things to make that won’t take forever to cook since I always have some sort of planning or report writing at night. Since it’s the summer, I’m getting to experiment and adding some recipes to my line-up.
If you decide to try this recipe out, I’d love to hear your feedback!
Smoked Paprika Shrimp, Kale, Chickpeas, and Potatoes:
- 1 bag of fingerling potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas
- about 20-30 shrimp
- kale (you can use as much as you want, I use about 1/2 of the bag from Trader Joe’s)
- smoked paprika
- pink Himalayan salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut up fingerling potatoes and spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
3. Open and drain a can of chickpeas. Then add it to baking sheet.
4. Season potatoes and chickpeas with salt (I used pink Himalayan), black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, olive oil (or oil of choice). The seasonings could be to taste.
5. Mix it all up and spread it out evenly again. Once the oven is ready, put it in for 15 minutes.
6. As you wait for the potatoes and chickpeas, season shrimp with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika. When the timer goes off, add this to baking sheet with the potatoes and chickpeas. At this time, add handfuls of kale as well (as much as you want in there).
7. Put it all in the oven. Bake for another 20-25 minutes, taking it out halfway to mix.